- Libgdx is an attempt at a cross-platform game development library written in Java with some JNI code for performance hungry sections. It abstracts away the differences between writting desktop and Android games based on OpenGL. This allows you to prototype and develop your application entirely on the desktop and only needing 6 lines of code to make it run on Android.
- AndEngine AndEngine is a free 2D OpenGL Game Engine for the Android platform.
- Ardor3D is a 3D game engine that also has bindings for android.
- jPCT-AE is a port of jPCT to Android. jPCT is a free 3D game engine written in Java
- ShiVa3D is a powerful multiplatform 3D game engine, WYSIWYG 3D Editor and MMO Server for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iPhone, Android, Palm, Wii and the iPad. Pay and free versions.
- Slick-AE Not sure of the state of this
- Rokon is an open source (New BSD license) 2D OpenGL game engine for Android. Seems like this project has died.